Young Academics Award 2020
EMISSIONS IN THE ALPS: CLIMATE CHANGE AND AIR QUALITY, MEASUREMENT AND MEASURES
The prizes for the Young Academics Award of the Alpine Convention in its 2020 edition have been awarded to:
- Colombo Giacomo (IT), Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca. Thesis: “Ecosystem services of Gran Paradiso National Park: structural analysis of forests, sink of organic carbon”.
- Eva Ulčnik (SL), University of Ljubljana. Thesis: “Possibilities of woody biomass utilisation for local energy self-sufficiency in Jezersko”.
- Andrea Terenziani (IT), Politecnico di Torino. Thesis: “Sperimental approach and application of statistical model to evaluate environmental indicators. Study area Parco Naturale Alpi Marittime (Comune di Entracque)”.
Additionally, two special prizes have been awarded by the Alpine Convention InfoPoints:
- Alessandra Pollo (IT), University of Turin. Thesis: “Plant biodiversity as a part of Piedmont Regional Strategy on Climate Change: knowledge, impacts and measures”. (Prize Infopoint Domodossola, IT)
- Léa Laurent (FR), Université de Bourgogne Franche-Comté. Thesis: “Analysis of the hydrological regimes of the Arve watershed (Mont-Blanc massif) according to the recent (since 1950) and future climate variability (up to 2100)”. (Prize Infopoint Chamonix, FR)
- Eric Vindimian, General Council for the Environment and Sustainable Development, France.
- Prof. Antonio Ballarin Denti, Professor of Environmental Physics at the Università Cattolica di Milano, Italy
- Mimi Urbanc, Assistant Director, Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts, member of ISCAR
- Katharina Isepp, Austrian Ministry for Climate, Section for Plant related environmental protection, environmental assessment and air pollution control.
Call: Sustainable Water management in the Alps (closed)