Specific measures implementing the principles laid down in the framework Convention are contained in the Protocols to the Alpine Convention. In the Protocols, concrete steps to be taken for the protection and sustainable development of the Alps are set out.
The existing Protocols cover many different issues:
- Spatial planning and sustainable development*
- Mountain farming*
- Nature protection and landscape conservation*
- Mountain forests*
- Soil conservation*
Furthermore, two additional protocols have been adopted, respectively on Solution of litigations and on the Adherence of the Principality of Monaco to the Alpine Convention*.
In addition ot the protocols, the Alpine Conference has adopted the following Ministerial declarations on specific topics:
- Declaration on Population and Culture* (IX Alpine Conference, 2006)
- Declaration on Climate Change* (IX Alpine Conference, 2006)
- Declaration of the XIV. Alpine Conference on strengthening of sustainable economy in the Alps* (XIV Alpine Conference, 2016)
- Declaration of Innsbruck: Climate-neutral and Climate-resilient Alps 2050* (XV Alpine Conference, 2019)
- Declaration on integrated and sustainable water management in the Alps (XVI Alpine Conference, 2020)
- Declaration on the Protection of Mountain Biodiversity and its Promotion at International Level (XVI Alpine Conference, 2020)
* un-official English translations provided by the Permanent Secretariat of the Alpine Convention