Young Academics Award 2014
Award winning theses
The prizes for the Young Scientists Award competition of the Alpine Convention in its 2014 edition have been awarded to:
- Mojca Stubelj Ars: "Decision Support in the Implementation of Sustainable Development in Protected Areas regarding Envrironmental Education and Ecotourism"
- Christian Bréthaut: "Analyse comparee de regimes institutionnels de gestion des reseaux urbains de l'eau en station touristique de montagne, les cas de Cran-Montana (Suisse) et de Morzine-Avoriaz (France)"
- Laura Marinelli: "Transition towards Sustainable Tourism in Protecten Areas in Trention (Italy): Recommendations for Designing and Implementing Successful Partnerships for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas"
- Michela Bevione: "Wood Biomass: Evaluation of Consumption through estimate Models for Residential Sector Energy Needs"
- Martin Tschurtschenthaler:"Development of a Simulation Model for Energy Supply Concepts at the Community Level"
Additionally, a special prize has been awarded by the Alpine Convention Infopoint of Domodossola:
- Elena Pidò & Arianna Pirazzi: "Tourism Ghesio Heritage: Environmental Strategies for a Community: A Proposal of Reinterpretation of the Landscape for the Reuse of a Forgotten Settlement in the Ossola Valley"
Call for Best work on policy relevant to Alpine issues (closed)