The Alpine Conference in October approved the priority topics for the future work of the Alpine Convention in the period 2017-2022 – the Multiannual Work Programme (MAP). With the Declaration on MAP the six priority areas were highlighted:
1. Focusing on people and culture
2. Taking action on climate change
3. Conserving and valuing biodiversity and landscape
4. Greening the economy
5. Promoting sustainable transport
6. Playing a leading role in EUSALP
These are the topics that will be at the heart of the Alpine Convention bodies’ work and the guidance for the future presidencies. Alongside a “Roadmap 2017-2018” was prepared on how these priorities will be implemented by the bodies of the Alpine Convention during the biannual Austrian presidency.