- Technical Reports on Climate change in the Alps
- Scientific Bibliography
3. Magistral lectures on Climate Change
- Video lecture by Lučka Kajfež Bogataj (Slovenian member of the
IPCC), May 2009, Climate Science: What Do We Know?
- Helga Kromp-Kolb (Austrian scientist of the year 2005) at the
Vienna Energy Talks, November 2009 Energie und Klimawandel
- Nicholas Stern (Chair of the Grantham Research Institute on
Climate change) Leçon inaugurale du 4 février 2010. Gérer les
changements climatiques, promouvoir la croissance, le
développement et l'équité (French Version – Part 1). Lecture,
March 5, 2010. Opportunities and policies for low-carbon growth
in the developed and developing world (English Version – Part 2)
4. Virtual Library!
- World Climate Teach-in-Day
This organization proposes, on its website, a whole library on
climate change studies. Its aim is to disseminate scientific
information on climate change in order to make it understandable
to a broad audience.
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
The Agency put at your disposal, on its website, a database on
policies and measures taken by states all over the world to
struggle against climate change, with a smart search engine.
- Resources from ICIMOD
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
(ICIMOD), a regional knowledge development and learning centre
serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush-
Himalayas works to develop an economically and environmentally
sound mountain ecosystem to improve the living standards of
mountain populations. You can download all of ICIMOD’s
publications free-of-charge from ICIMOD Books online.
Publications on climate change can be accessed directly via the
climate change section. A publication on the impact of climate
change in mountainous regions called “Mountains of the world –
Ecosystem services in a time of global and climate change”
published in 2010 can be downloaded here.
- NASA portal on climate change
The American national Aeronautics and Space Administration
proposes document resources and very interesting statistics about
ongoing climate change.
- The Klimaportal of the Swiss Forum for Climate and Global Change
You could find document resources, bibliographies and very
important statistics on factors as well as consequences of climate
change, especially on snow conditions, on weather, on energy
resources or on health. This website is a product of the Swiss
Federal Government Advisory Body on Climate Change.
- UNEP Gateway
The United Nations Environment Programme, on its website
dedicated to the climate change, also proposes some analysis and
documents for a broader audience, in addition to the Climate
Change United Nations Gateway whose link is available in the top-
right of this page.
- Austrian Federal Government climate portal
The Austrian Federal Government proposes, on its portal
dedicated to the climate change, one section dedicated to
international publications on this topic.
- The global outlook for ice and snow provides an up-to-date review
of the state of the environment and the trends in ice and snow
covered regions of the world, including the Alps. It includes case-
studies, maps and graphics and serves as well as an educational
resource than a reference one too.
- The world glacier monitoring service collects standardised
observations on changes (mass, volume, area, length) of glaciers
over time (glacier fluctuations) as well as statistical information on
the distribution of perennial surface ice (glacier inventories). Such
data are high priority key variables in climate system monitoring.
WGMS with UNEP publish reports on global Climate Change of
- The intergovernmental panel on Climate Change publishes various
types of reports on the Climate Change evolution.
- EU publications and initiatives on climate change
- Resources from the COP 16 dedicated to climate change in
mountains, including Alpine Convention documentation
- Mountains and Climate Change. From understanding to action by
the University of Bern, 2009
- Resources from the CIPRA dedicated to climate change issues in
the Alps (results and products from the project cc.alps)