YOUNG ACADEMICS AWARD - EDITION 2016
The prizes for the Young Academics Award of the Alpine Convention in its 2016 edition have been awarded to:
- Suzana Vurunić: “Developmental and Protective Evaluation of ecosystem Services of Slovenia” (Award: 1.000 €)
- Cristina Dalla Torre: “Alpine ‘marginal’ communities: territorial policies for sustainability and innovation. The case study of Val di Non (Italy)” (Award: 750 €)
- Alessandro Betta: “Hybrid Alps. A technological anthropogeography” (Award: 500 €)
Additionally, two special prizes have been awarded by the Alpine Convention InfoPoints:
- Evelina Felisatti : “Landscape and identity: the cultivation of hemp in the Ossola Valley” (Domodossola InfoPoint)
- Daisy Barailler: “The Tourism Protocol of the Alpine Convention: a comparative analysis in Aosta Valley and in the Province of Trento” (Grand Paradis InfoPoint).
The call: Greening the economy in the Alps
- Antonio Ballarin-Denti, Professor of Environmental Physics, Catholic University, Milan; member of the Italian National Committee for Technological Innovation, of the Board of the Regional Plan of Air Quality Recovery as well as of the International advisory groups on pollution effects assessment;
- Hans-Joachim Hermann, German Federal Environmental Agency, Acting Head, Unit International Environmental and Sustainability Strategies; German Presidency of the Alpine Convention;
- Mimi Urbanc, Deputy Director of the Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts; member of the ISCAR board; research topics: cultural geography, landscapes, rural agrarian geography.